Sunday 15 May 2011

Welcome

For those of you who are not aware of the concept of a One Name Study may I suggest that you head over to the Guild of One Name Studies homepage for a breakdown of what they do.

I had dealings with Guild Members long before I joined myself, indeed I had some very useful advice regarding my PARRY problem from the member researching this particular surname. I joined the Guild at Who Do You Think You Are this year but I wasn't overly sure about registering a surname. It's a daunting task, especially when you consider it is a WORLD WIDE study. I've been collecting information about the STEERS family, trying to find out how they appeared in Hull in the late 1830's whilst living in London. In order to try to do this I was collecting all the information I could about STEERS around that time frame, so in my wisdom (?) I gave serious consideration to undertaking this study.

Then last week, whilst on holiday my OH proposed. So STEERS will be my name soon enough and I decided that yes, I did want to do this. So I've registered the surname with the Guild. I've set up my Guild Profile (although it is a little sparse) and I've started this blog to chart my journey. I won't however be neglecting my own parental ancestry and I'll still be posting about this on my other blog but I thought it best to separate the two.

So welcome to my new blog & my new adventure (in more ways than one!)

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting. Thank you for the link.
    cheers,
    Theresa (Tangled Trees)

    ReplyDelete